söndag 13 november 2011

Outside Billdal 13 Nov 2011

Outside Billdal 13 Nov 2011

I had to go out paddling today. Two of my paddling friends were out yesterday and had a marvellous paddling. Today, Father's day here in Sweden, I got the opportunity to go out for a couple of hours. My intention was to go paddling as far as I could in one direction, in this case south, and then back, but soon that idea was changed into a more calm day within the inner archipelago with some photographing and Rock Gardening. The sea was so calm, like a mirror, totally the opposite from the week in Anglesey!


Having passed the first islets I came to Saltkärlen. This is a pretty big islet, at least in comparison to the other ones outside Billdal/Kullavik. On its east side there's a few smaller beaches where you easily can land your kayak.


After encountering these rocks mirroring themselves into the water, I paddled close to the rocks. One of the advantages with going close to the shore is that you sometimes find astonishing ART. 


This time I found a dead bird that had been eaten and left on that actual stone that was in the water. I couldn't help thinking about what kind of bird that had had that delicious meal . What a nice spot he/she had chosen and how religious it seemed.


On the rock behind nature had painted this face (my son thought it looked like teddybears, well, why not...)

and together with the dead bird, ...

I stayed close to the rock trying to find some stones to pass and look for spots for next Rock Gardening session. The passage above is now and then possible to pass, but this time I could just look at it. Heading towards Stora Lövö (if translated into English: Great Leaf Island, interesting) I met a seal. Unfortunately it didn't allow me to come close enough for a good picture (no fish in my kayak!), but it's always fun to paddle with a seal for some minutes playing hide and seek.


I headed towards Lilla Lövö and into the little bay on its west side. There's a bit of Rock Gardening possibilities and also a nice place to bring people if easterly winds and you're looking for a sheltered place. If you then paddle along the west side of Lilla Lövö you will find almost directly a small passage on its southwestern side. It's really narrow to get into the little lagoon but today it worked out fine, with the assistance of your hands in order not to scratch your kayak too much. On the picture below you can see from where I came. The reason for going into the little lagoon is more like just for the hell of it.


The little buoy was probably of no importance in this area, but I found it very neat and showing a bit of pride dancing in a slow fox mode on the tiny incoming movements created by me and the Albacore.
Time passes too fast and I had to go back in order to have lunch. On my way back I came across a few nice Rockpaintings and also the fact that at the moment the water is brownish depending on algae, but that is not very common in these waters, especially not this time of the year.



Well, I finish today's paddling with a picture of the passage between Norra Småholmarna. By the way, the temperature was 6 degrees Celcius. I didn't roll today, but last weekend it was quite refreshening, you surely wake up. Plan to do it on New Year's Eve without wearing my dry suit...could be something looking forward to




                                                   


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar